Especially women have to take care for these ten Bad Health Habits. I think they’re quite universal, so men are allowed continuing reading this. I give a summary, please refer to the original post for in-depth details.
- Not enough calcium. Women need 1,000 to 1,200mg/calcium a day which is likely to be supplemented
- Poor posture can lead to problems relating back, knee, hip and nack – which are easier to avoid as you can improve here.
- Smoking cigarettes. Obvious. Improvements will be made to circulation, cardiac-related problems, endurance, and taste.
- Too much alcohol, causes fat to build up in the liver.
- Being overweight. Leads to heart and vascular diseases, diabetes type 2, high blood pressure, knee and other joint problems…
- Exercise procrastination. You always can start exercise! But build it up gradually. In addition to normal walking, especially older people should try to avoid or minimise using walking racks, stand-up chairs end also using stairs is a better exercise than the elevator. At least when done partially!
- Bad eating habits for years, it depletes you from the nutrients you need. Especially vitamin C, E, selenium, beta-carotene and fibre are substances most people are short of.
- Staying too long in an unhealthy relationship has an effect on the physical health as well!
- Poor self-esteem can lead to depression and anxiety. This is to break through by exercise, good quality sleep and a proper diet – they help the brain to function well.
- Too much tanning can lead to skin cancer. Retinols, soy and anti-oxidants may help reducing the damage.
As stated before, this is a summary. The original post gives more information and also referral links to studies and source materials.
- Avoid These Common Unhealthy Eating Habits (lynxlee.blogspot.com)
- Social isolation just as bad as smoking (sentientdevelopments.com)