One of the aspects of people getting overweight is that the portions are getting bigger. This is a creeping-in danger as people tend to eat what they have on their plates (however the doggy bag or box may help here as well). So: how to control this better?
- Weigh the food before cooking. Just cook what you need for the meals.
- Control snacking, this can approach 526 calories a day, significant to the basic metabolic rate!
- Don’t sample the food when you are cooking, also: grazing
- Eat your food from a plate and not from the container, bag or box
- Fill yourself up with ‘good’ food: fruits help you to feel less hungry but are effective in low-calories
- Put the food that you will not eat away before you actually sit and eat. That prevents you of taking seconds
- Eat at home, and if you eat out, ask the waiter to put the over-portion in the doggybox BEFORE he is going to serve! Also sharing a dish (for example the pudding which often is rich) contributes
- Allow time to eat, don’t eat in a rush as you will tend to eat more
- Drink water, sodas contain lots of sugars and alcohols will change into fat
- Listen to your body and eat when you need to, not when the habit tells it’s about time
- Just skip pudding!
- Know how a healthy portion is looking like: just a fist full
- Also be forgivefull to yourself: if you had a bad day, tomorrow will be a new opportunity. Just do it.
Keeping portions in control, is already a start to keep your body in balance. That’s an important given!
- How to Handle Kids’ Picky Eating (livescience.com)
- Healthy Cooking Tricks — How Learning to Cook Can Help You Resolve Your Issues with Food (webmd.com)
- You Can Reduce The Calories Without Getting Hungry (socyberty.com)
- 7 Ways to Downsize Your Portion Sizes (dietriffic.com)
- 5 Signs Your Diet Is Dangerous (dietriffic.com)
- New Dieting App Counts Calories From a Photo [Food] (gawker.com)
- You Asked: How to Eat Healthy on the Job? (fitsugar.com)
- All Clear On Calories? (drsharma.ca)
- Get Wise About Serving Size (everydayhealth.com)
- Mindful Chewing: How To Cut Your Calorie Intake in Half – Without Feeling Hungry (fooducate.com)
- The Health Dangers of Fried Foods (brighthub.com)
- The lost art of cooking (theglobeandmail.com)
- Should I do something about my overweight niece? (mirror.co.uk)