There aren’t many large studies that show strong evidence regarding Coenzyme Q10 and migraines. A small study found that out of 31 patients who suffer from migraines, 19 of them reported the number of days they had migraines cut in half. Another small study of 42 migraine sufferers compared Coenzyme Q10 to an inactive placebo. In that study, of CoQ10 and migraine, the supplement was three times more likely than placebo to reduce the number of migraines.
A larger study of 1,550 patients ages 3 to 22 with migraine measured their Coenzyme Q10 levels. Of those migraine sufferers, 33 percent had low levels of CoQ10. Those with low levels received Coenzyme Q10 supplements and had fewer migraines.
According to the site Myheadachesucks.com, Research has found that clinical trials for this particular medicine can be very promising. It eliminated the frequency of the migraine attacks and it also helped in treating occurring attacks by lessening the frequency of the headache. “The great thing about Coenzyme Q10 as a migraine headache treatment is that this particular chemical is a naturally occurring substance. This means that this is naturally produced by the body. Because of this, tests have shown that no identifiable side effects on humans were present. More than half of the patients in trial have shown 50 percent reduction in the frequency of the attacks in the period of four months. And, Coenzyme Q10 has been found to be very effective in both common migraine (without aura) and classic migraine (with aura). So, whatever type of migraine you have, you may want to ask your doctor about Coenzyme Q10. As a migraine headache treatment, Coenzyme Q 10 shows a very promising future. With this medicine, you will no longer have to suffer from migraine headache attacks like you did in the past. I know I didn’t.”
- Serene Branson had migraine, not mini-stroke (cbsnews.com)
- Why Did My Migraines Get Worse in Menopause? (everydayhealth.com)
- Low CoQ10 Linked To Allergy (mickirose.wordpress.com)
- True Health Reveals Risky Statin Drugs Can Seriously Decrease Coenzyme Q10 Levels (pr.com)
- What’s the Right CoQ10 for Your Heart? (healthisahabit.wordpress.com)
- The truth about CoQ10 (thelifestylechanger.wordpress.com)
- Facts About Lipitor And CoQ10 (bestofmotherearth.com)
- Preterm mothers’ milk contains less antioxidants than mothers completing their gestation (eurekalert.org)