In the Netherlands, the CEOs of the AEX top-25 earn 78 million euros as bonuses. They can be a part of the salary and a top-up. This level is comparable to the level before the crisis. The exchange activity however is lower. If you are inquiring if this is allright, think of the fact that the tax office makes best profit as they receive more than half of it (in The Netherlands).
Even though there is a discussion about bonuses of CEOs of Netherlands banks, especially if they have been supported by the State, and the performances of company managers, the additional income has been made by them. Due to public reactions, Jan Hommen of ING Bank has not accepted his bonus of 1.25 million euros. A survey on bonuses for managers is related to the share the managers have in the company.
- Netherlands or Holland (sierrahe.wordpress.com)
- Campaign via social media networks blocks Dutch bankers’ bonuses (guardian.co.uk)
- ING CEO sees bonuses helping state aid payback (reuters.com)
- Campaign via social media networks blocks Dutch bankers’ bonuses | Business | The Observer (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- U.K. Government, Banks Seal Deal on Bonuses, Disclosure, Lending (businessweek.com)